Custom Search

Widget


June 27, 2008

18th birthday

I have never had the chance to celebrate it. In fact, we are three children in the family, all girls, and I was the only one who never had the chance to blow those 18 candles in a styrofoam-made staircase with a blue-dressed plastic Barbie at the top. But I never envied anyone who had the chance and money to celebrate it. I don't know but maybe I grew with the belief that being 18 isn't the "it" age and the "adult proper" age and all that jazz. I grew with the belief that it is just a number. Every birthday is worth celebrating and we can have lavish and bonggacious parties even if we're 50!
To sum it all up, we didn't have the money to have a "welcome me to the adult world" celebration. Period. Hahaha.
The day I became 18, my mother and my father had, I think, a huge fight which caused silence in our home. Nobody remembered my birthday, except me. How sad.

Now, I am 22. Going on 23. I'm still thinking at what age will I be blowing those 18 candles in a styrofoam-made staircase with a blue-dressed plastic Barbie at the top. You get it, I'll be celebrating my 18th birthday. Not when I become 23. Maybe when I become 30 or 40. ;)

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design