Custom Search

Widget


January 21, 2009

Dagyang Ta!


I am a pure Ilonggo and there was only one time that I have walked in the streets of Iloilo City during the Dinagyang. It was during the sunday event in which the Ati-Ati contest is being held. Though I have wanted to chase those performing tribes again and again, I think I would just settle to watch them on TV for this time. The excitement and the thrill that I felt the first time I witnessed it live will never be the same. I am too old and weak to grace the streets of crowded people and by just thinking of the heat, I already die! Hahah! You see, sometimes, I am an extrovert, but then, I am really an introvert person.

Dinagyang does not only boast its Kasadyahan and Ati-Atihan Tribes contests, but the feast in the downtown area of the city is very overwhelming. Yes, did I say it is a festival? :D Concerts here and there, and never ever forget the food festival! After the Ati-Atihan contest, wait till you experience the merrymaking. Even other Ilonggos wait for the Ati-Ati contest to finish while watching it on TV, and then run to the downtown for the merrymaking. Now, I'll say that the second best part of the festival is the merrymaking. Bamboo's concert is first. Nyahah! Kidding! Seriously, it's the religious belief of the Ilonggo people that is always standing tall. Giving that little child, Sto. NiƱo, the neverending love and devotion.

[I and my friends when we were just naive girls. 8-}]

As I was joking about Bamboo in the previous paragraph, yes, Bamboo will come to Iloilo this Dinagyang 2009. Yes, they are always here! And that's why I so love this band! ;) As I've said, on Sunday, January 25, 2009, I'll be sitting in front of the boobtube and see who's gonna grab the first prize on the contest. But the night before that, I'll be putting on my rock n' roll suit :D and rock with Bamboo in the carpark of the The Venue in Boardwalk, Benigno Aquino Avenue. See yah! I'll surely enjoy it and of course I'll enjoy the Ati-Ati contest on the next day. ;)[And here's Bamboo for the teaser ;)]

0 comments:

 

Pink Girlz Blogger Template | Blogger Clicks Design